When you’re a relatively new blog with a max of like, 10 posts (only half of which are passable blog material) it comes as a pleasant surprise when another blogger decides to tag you in their post that is essentially a template compelling you to write about yourself.
Now, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I have a habit of sprinkling my emotional state ever-so-slightly on my posts. It is the coward’s way out of expressing yourself – I admit, and I have since then tried my best to go back and remove those bits (expect for the Cold post, that was peak comedy and no one can convince me otherwise). However, explicitly sharing a part of yourself on the ~interwebs is a whole new ballgame that us millennials are not used to doing. Why did you think memes were a thing in the first place?
But Phil (Our Daily Scraps), fucking Phil, the true MVP, the absolute beast of quick-n-easy recipes has the gall to come to my blog and say to my face that they like what I write. And that they nominate me for the Liebster award? (Which is something I’m still not sure I know a 100% about, but it’s an award. Come on).
(It’s apparently a thing where you discover new blogs and stuff, which. Yes please.)
So for Phil, who I thank very much for tagging me, I gotta do my justice on my part here. And perhaps make a few friends?
There’s no such thing as too many friends.
You won’t regret this Phil.
Here are the rules of this thing-o:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Display the award on your post
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions given to you
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
- Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
- List the rules and inform your nominees of the award
What makes you passionate about blogging?
I think I learned a bit too late that Writing Things was my true calling instead of what I am studying now. Bear in mind, I still kind of like my courses, but if I had to choose differently, I would have gone into more creative fields. Since it’s too late, I decided that writing is something I don’t want to lose touch with, and so I keep blogging. That, and it feels nice to document how far you have come over time.
10 random facts
Gosh. I have to make it interesting too right? Y’all won’t accept stuff like “I look like if Ditto tried to morph into a Chansey” – actually no wait.
- I look like if a Ditto tried to morph into a Chansey
- I cannot raise my eyebrows one at a time – I generally cannot manipulate many parts of my body.
- My emo phase lasted five years. Started at 15, ended with my Bachelor’s degree in hand – pretty damn rough.
- I lived in a small town called Darwin in Australia for about two years, when I was 10. It was an experience that feels like too-long-ago and just-yesterday at the same time.
- Post-Australia, I got my hair permanently straightened and immediately ruined it by not using the recommended shampoo, thereby forever destroying my hair.
- On the topic of completely annihilating my hair, I tried dying the whole thing Mint Green once, which naturally backfired and I ended up looking like Jared Leto’s version of the Joker. On the bright side, I re-dyed it black immediately and the resultant strands of natural brown and gold looked quite nice, according to everyone who didn’t know the whole story.
- I have a tattoo at the nape of my neck of the Deathly Hallows symbol from Harry Potter
- I used to be a small child model for a bunch of advertisements and posters that never really saw the light of day.
- For a solid amount of my adolescence, I had a weird, messed-up accent (or, accents) of Australian, TV-American and Indian origin that changed every. Single. Time. It was like having those daemon thingies that constantly shapeshift when you’re a kid, only to finally settle into their Final Form. Needless to say I had no idea what I sounded like throughout my childhood.
- My favourite colour is yes.
Answers to Phil’s questions
1. When did you mess everything up and no one ever realized it was you?
You’re gonna make me say it, really? Um okay, so in like, 6th grade we had this painting class and I accidentally painted on someone else’s work thinking it was mine. The guy got super pissed and I didn’t say anything (because we were taught as kids to stay away from angry men as they could kill you or worse, so). To be fair all of us were supposed to make sunsets. It looked exactly the same.
2. What are you most proud of?
Not many things of my own to be honest. I think I’m proud of my sister, actually. Just her entire existence.
3. What colour is Monday?
Monday feels like offices, and fresh starts and productivity.
I think this:
4. What does childhood smell like?
Like mustard oil and garlic during a cold, and bengali-style fish; like plastic Christmas trees and those old, strawberry bubblegums that came with tattoos on the cover. Like the smell of ink from glitter gel pens and first rains and concrete and Jovan Musk for Women.
5. If you could pick up one skill at the snap of your fingers, what would it be?
The skill of being productive? Is that a thing? If not, can it be a thing? I would have chosen having more book-smarts but it would get me nowhere if I didn’t have the physical and mental drive to use it. So yeah, being constantly motivated would be pretty handy right now.
6. Did you have a childhood pen pal and do you still keep in touch?
16 is still considered childhood right? I met this person online and we gushed about K-pop and now we’re friends, kinda. I miss her, and I hope I meet her one day.
7. What is the dumbest way you have been injured?
I injured my lower back by sitting for too long.
8. If you could go to the future or the past for one day, which would it be?
I think I would go into the future, perhaps 800 years from now? I’m hoping the atmosphere won’t change too drastically, as I don’t wish to time-travel for 24 hours only to die within like, 3 seconds. It would be a painless death, definitely a cool way to go, but my mission is to see if we finally made commercial space travel a thing or destroyed each other before another Ice Age took to us.
9. What is the most useless talent you have?
I write mediocre content on blogs no one reads. I don’t believe any talent is useless if you know how to monetize it – that being said, X-Factor isn’t gonna come knocking on my door because of my ability to meow like a cat or impersonate a valley girl from California in the ’90s.
10. If you suddenly realised all your thoughts were visible thought bubbles, what would be the first thing you would do?
This is hard, I never realised how many people on this space I don’t talk to. It’s one thing to follow people, but another to feel comfortable enough to speak with them outside of their content. Also there are some folks on here who post like they’re in Boss-Mode, so sometimes I wonder if I’m talking to bots, ya know?
Still, I tag Mistimaan, Matthew John, Laurel’s Code, enchiristMETA and Two Happy Cats
Obviously you don’t gotta do it, but hey, it’s a Thing.
My questions (we’ll start easy):
- What would the official soundtrack of your life be?
- Describe the ideal superhero in the real world
- What would the motto and the crest of your family be?
- What is your most/least favourite English word?
- If you had the chance to turn back time, how different would the decisions in your life be, knowing what you now know?
- Describe your most prominent memory anytime it rained?
- What one mythical creature would you like to turn into and why?
- Who is one person, dead or alive, you would love to spend 24 hours with?
- If you could have a tattoo (or another one, if you’ve already gotten some), what would it be and why?
- How much chocolate is too much chocolate?
And you know what? Anyone else who wants to answer these questions, go right ahead and comment or whatever. It’ll be fun.
Aight, bye ❤
4 thoughts on “Making Friends through the Liebster Award”
Wow! What an honor right out of the gate! Congratulations! 🙂
Robin from haphazardhomemaker.com
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, much more than okay blogger! 😉 Post upcoming.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great answers! I like the colour of your Monday. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person